Business contacts represent a lot of value, so it is both important and potentially profitable to invest in data hygiene. Here are some ways to keep your customer and prospect data fresh and up to date.
- Begin by entering the data correctly in the first place. Create a standard operating procedure for data-entry, and train your key personnel on it.
- Standardize your format of business addresses. For additional details, refer to Publication 28 from the United States Postal Service. For examples of recommended field selection and layout of business addresses, visit: http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub28/welcome.htm.
- Pay for postal returns and update your files with the returns. This should be done before every mailing.
- Take regular statistical samples of the data and check it manually using an outbound phone call.
- Ask for customer data regularly, and make it very easy for the customer to provide the information. Always ask for the information the same way – no matter where you ask for it.
At Professional Print & Mail we’ve always known that printing and mailing go together and have offered both services for over 25 years. From maintaining your existing list or purchasing a new prospect list to designing, printing and mailing your direct mail campaign – have it all done in one place.
Call or Click Today